Would Slightly Hitting Your Nose After a Rhinoplasty (4th Day Post-op) Cause a Damage to the Nose?

I had my rhinoplasty(hump reduction)4 days ago and I slightly hit my nose.It wasn't really a hit, as I was about to kiss my brother on the head (quite gently), and it just push my tip a bit. It hurt, but for few seconds. I still have the cast on. No bleeding. No significant changes. May be feels a bit weird in the middle of my nose, but no significant pain. I am waiting to call my surgeon, but I am really paranoid and concerned. Please, let me know if such "accident" can cause any damage. Thank you!

4 Days after Rhinoplasty and Gentle Bump

+1

From the description you have provided, I would anticipate having any damage.  Assessment by your plastic surgeon would be advised.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Can slightly hitting your nose 4 days after rhinoplasty cause damage?

+1

Lightly hitting your nose as you describe should not be a large problem, and it is unlikely any damage was caused. The nose is more sensitive in the days following your surgery, and you may feel more pain than usual following a slight bump. I would advise discussing this with your surgeon to get his/her opinion. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your recovery. 

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com/face/rhinoplasty/

Rhinoplasty

+1

Based on your description it is highly unlikely that you caused any trauma.  I certainly would let your surgeon know what happened.  This is not an emergency and calling during regular business hours is appropriate.  

Princeton Plastic Surgeon