Possible Deep Burn from TCA Chemical Peel Kit

Purchased 8% at home chemical peel. Instructions state that can apply weekly and so 6 days later I did because only had minimal flaking with no peeling. This time I added a second layer (making it 12.5% according to the instructions). The bottle was supposed to provide for 10 8% peels, and when I was done, the bottle was empty, but I think most of the solution was absorbed by the cotton ball I was using. Now two days later my face is still bright red with no hint of browning. I'm so worried.

8% TCA PEEL to face

+1

Your repeated treatment with 8% did not increase with each application.  You appear to be having a normal response to the chemical.  I would not do further treatments without the supervision of a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon.  You should be healed by now or after 10 days.  I would treat your face for the next few weeks with baby oil and restore the oils into you treated skin which should be dry and flakey.  Avoid sunlight and wear a  had.  UV light will cause hyperpigmentation.  I agree with Dr. Elam's comments.

TCA peel at home

+1
These peels are always best done in an office under the care of an aesthetician. With this said it does appear you have burned your face and I would see a dermatologist or plastic surgeon in your area for advice. It is difficult to tell the exact depth from your photographs. Don't stress to much as I am sure you will heal fine however in the future leave this in the hands of the experts. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD