Possible Deep Burn from TCA Chemical Peel Kit

Purchased 8% at home chemical peel. Instructions state that can apply weekly and so 6 days later I did because only had minimal flaking with no peeling. This time I added a second layer (making it 12.5% according to the instructions). The bottle was supposed to provide for 10 8% peels, and when I was done, the bottle was empty, but I think most of the solution was absorbed by the cotton ball I was using. Now two days later my face is still bright red with no hint of browning. I'm so worried.

8% TCA PEEL to face

Your repeated treatment with 8% did not increase with each application.  You appear to be having a normal response to the chemical.  I would not do further treatments without the supervision of a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon.  You should be healed by now or after 10 days.  I would treat your face for the next few weeks with baby oil and restore the oils into you treated skin which should be dry and flakey.  Avoid sunlight and wear a  had.  UV light will cause hyperpigmentation.  I agree with Dr. Elam's comments.

TCA peel at home

These peels are always best done in an office under the care of an aesthetician. With this said it does appear you have burned your face and I would see a dermatologist or plastic surgeon in your area for advice. It is difficult to tell the exact depth from your photographs. Don't stress to much as I am sure you will heal fine however in the future leave this in the hands of the experts. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD