Can 'Curtained' Effect from Lower Blepharoplasty Be Corrected?

The skin under my eyes pulls slightly especially when I look to the sides. I would worry about another bleph to correct it because the skin is already pulled down a bit. Is there a conservative approach to this problem?

+1

Hi Sheen.

If your skin is pulled down, there are techniques that we have to reposition the eyelid skin in a more natural position.  You would need to be evaluated to see if you are a good candidate for any more surgery.  Pictures would be helpful in seeing your condition.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

How to fix tight lower lids after blepharoplasty

+1

It sounds like you might have a bit of what is called lower eyelid retraction after blepharoplasty. If this is the case, it can be corrected in most cases by elevating and tightening the lower lids.  This is called a canthoplasty or a lateral tarsal strip procedure  and should be performed by an ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgeon.  It can be done with local anesthesia and there is minimal bruising because the incisions are only about a half inch or less and are located in the crow's feet area.

Richard Weiss, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lower Belpharoplasty Recovery

+1

Without before and after pictures or examining you in person and without knowing the details of your surgery, it is impossible to give you any specific information.  Also, I agree that the the "Curtain Effect" is an unclear and non-medical term, so you may want to explain it more fully or show photos demonstrating what you are asking.  With more information, I think we could provide you useful information.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Lower lid blepharoplasty issue

+1

I am not sure what a "curtain effect" is?  More information regarding the timing of your previouw surgery and what exactly was done would be helpful. An exam woudl be critical.  If the surgery was recent it may be a bit tight and sometimes massage is helpful.