Slightly Crepy Upper Eyelids

i am 67, look really good, could pass easily for 50.. olive skin tone and very clear skin with very little sagging. My upper eyelids are crepy, not severe at all but could use a tiny adjustment to rid me of this..bottom no bags at all. Would fraxel work for upper lids or what would you suggest? Ive had no face surgery-just injectible fillers (great success-long lasting on me) botoix (3 times-failures doesnt work for me)

Upper eyelid crepiness

+2

Removing extra eyelid skin will reduce crepiness, especially in patients who have never had surgery before.

Fractionated laser resurfacing will also tighten skin, just not to the extent that an upper bklepharoplasty does.

Of the fractionated lasers, low leverl erbium, heavy erbium, light CO2 and heavy CO2, the effectiveness increases but so does the downtime and swelling.

The recovery after an upper eyelid lift (blepharoplasty) is actually quicker and more effective than with the CO2 laser!

Your plastic surgeon can explain all these lasers and the surgery to you, and enable you to decide which is right for you.

Slightly Crepy Upper Eyelids

+2

It is hard to comment on your specific case without seeing you in person.  However, from your description, you sound like an ideal candidate for fractional CO2 laser resurfacing.  Although it may seem less invasive then surgery, it is not..  An over correction can be devastating and I have seen and treated them. You should see a physician who does a lot of eyelid lasers and surgery.  Other options may be available to you as well.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Crepy upper eyelids

+1

Crepey upper eyelids is a difficult problem to deal with. If there is excess skin, this can be removed through an upper blepharoplasty incision. If there is no extra skin, then consideration for a fractionated laser procedure should be performed to remove the crepiness.  

Upper eyelid crepy skin

+1

A photo of you would be very helpful in answering this question.  For the best results to eliminate excess skin and smooth the upper eyelid skin, there is nothing better than an upper blepharoplasty.  It is easy to do (office procedure with local anesthesia and some sedation) and predicatable in its outcome, and quick to recover from (sutures out in 4 days).  Results are long lasting and satisfaction is very high.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

Treatment for "crepey" upper eyelid skin

+1

Laser treatment may help improve the appearance of your eyes but it can be difficult to predict if it will provide the results you desire.  Upper eyelid blepharoplasty is a surgical option that may more predictably give the results you are looking for.

Keshini Parbhu, MD
Orlando Oculoplastic Surgeon

Slightly crepy upper lid skin

+1

Slightly crepy upper lid skin should respond to regular or fractional CO2 resurfacing. Redundant skin may need upper blepharoplasty and/or forehead lift.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Upper eyelid crepiness treatment.

+1

You probably need both removal of the extra skin and a laser or chemical peel to further tighten the skin. Make sure you don't need any forehead (brow) lifting first. Very often I see patients who could have " killed " 2 birds with one stone with a forehead lift and instead had there upper lids done. Once that skin is gone you probably won't be aable to lift the brow since the skin has been removed already, 

Upper eyelid bleharoplasty will provide most predictable results for removing extra upper eyelid skin

+1

An upper eyelid bleharoplasty will allow removal of that extra upper eyelid skin. This can be performed in the office or under sedation. The incision heals incredibly well and hides in the eyelid crease. While this is "surgery" the downtime is relatively limited and will provide you with a very predictable result.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Upper Eyelid Excess Skin

+1

Slightly Crepy Upper Eyelids

The best procedure would be removal of the excess skin via surgery.  Surgery is very straight forward for this issue and can be done under local with sedation.  Without seeing photos, I would have to say that is the best option.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Upper eyelid loose skin options

+1

For very mild loose upper lid skin, Fraxel may work but don't expect long term results. Other nonsurgical options include chemical peels (TCA) or fractionated laser. However, based on what you describe, removing the loose upper lid skin can be done as an office procedure using a local anesthetic with only a slightly longer recovery and cost than the other options. The results of surgery are likely to last much longer.

Be sure that it is in fact the eyelid that is the problem and not a droopy brow. If the brow is the problem, then it should be addressed. I suggest a consultation by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Facial Plastic Surgeon to do a proper evaluation.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS