Slightly Asymmetric Nose Job, Several Years After Surgery, What Options do I Have?

I had a nose job a few years back on Harley Street to remove the bump, and I'm largely happy with it. One side of it however, is very slightly bulbous. It only notices from a very specific angle, but bothers me - is there any that can be done?

Asymmetry following rhinoplasty.

+2

Rhinoplasty designed to improve an assymetric or crooked nose will generally result in improved symmetry, but a perfectly straight nose is difficult to achieve depending on the situation prior to surgery.  From your description, I would assume that the nose was straight and symmetric before surgery.  At present the assymetry is most likely due to misaligned bone or cartilage, both of which are correctable.  I agree with the other surgeons that good photos or even a direct physical exam are essential before getting into the details of future correction. 

Sincerely, Mario J. Imola.

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Slight asymmetry after rhinoplasty

+1

The only option is to undergo revision rhinoplasty surgery.  It is probably not worth going in and altering the nose if it is only slightly asymmetric.  Everyone has some degree of facial asymmetry, which is normal.  Occasionally a small bulbous bump on one side can be simply removed through a touch up procedure.

Perhaps a nonsurgical revision rhinoplasty is for you.

+1

Hi JLW;

You mention that one side of your nose is different from the other.  Often, it is true that such asymmetries are more obvious when the nose is viewed from an angle.  Now, it is possible that you might be satisfied with a nonsurgical process, whereby, a filler is injected under the skin of the nose to plump up the areas that are a bit overdone.  Overdone, meaning there is too little.  If your main problem, though, is that one side is too large, and that filling the other side to match it would create too prominent a region or part, then, unfortunately, you are probably going to have to have a surgical revision rhinoplasty

I would recommend that you pursue discussions with experienced cosmetic nasal surgeons because, obviously, years have gone by, and you are not satisfied with the appearance of your nose.  You need not be plagued with that all your life.
Typically, revision rhinoplasty surgeries do not take as long to perform as the original, and the convalescence is simpler and shorter. 

I would encourage you to see a cosmetic surgeon who can offer you computer imaging, so that you may see the predicted result of your procedure, and have a good discussion with the prospective outcome on a computer screen in front of you and your surgeon.

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS
Facial Plastic Surgeon
Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON
Author, THE ESSENTIAL COSMETIC SURGERY COMPANION

Robert Kotler, MD

Slightly Asymmetrical Nose Job

+1

I'm sure that a revision could be done to correct what you describe as a minor contour irregularity. Having done revision rhinoplasty for over 35 years it is always easier to reduce some fullness as you  describe rather than having to augment depressions. Good Luck.

Asymmetry after rhinoplasty

+1

If there is substantial asymmetry before surgery it is typically improved but it is never perfect after surgery. With regards to your case please provide photos.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Asymmetric results after rhinoplasty

+1

There are so many possibilities, that without photos, it would be almost impossible to give an opinion.Please send standard rhinoplasty photos.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon