Bulge and Loose Skin Under Belly Button After Tummy Tuck & Liposuction

I am 17 days postop. I am extremely happy so far with my results but I expected to have absolutely NO loose skin after having this procedure and I expected a REALLY, REALLY FLAT tummy. I know its REALLY early but I cannot help but worry about my upper abdomen.

To touch the upper abdomen is soft and the bottom feels hard. PS says I did not undo any stitch from muscles. Also, why would I have stretched skin remaining under belly button? Can this be removed/fixed?

+2

Farz, please keep in mind that you are at the absolute beginning of your healing. What you are seeing at this point is very different from what you will be looking at in 6 months.

You must keep your appointments with your surgeon and maintain a good relationship with him or her.

You need to bring up your concerns at your appointments so they can be dealt with by the person who actually did your surgery.

I have to respond to your comment that you expected absolutely NO loose skin and a REALLY, REALLY FLAT tummy. I'm sure you understand that your surgeon is just that, a surgeon, and not a magician. You must try to keep your expectations realistic.

Good luck!

Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and loose skin

+1

Hi,

You describe EXTREMELY HAPPY and you are only a little over two weeks!! This is the infancy of your post op results and changes.  There is so much more to happen.

Be patient  Discuss your case with your plastic surgeon as time goes by and you will see changes that will result in much more happiness than you have now !

Steven M. Lynch, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon