Slight Uneven Swelling 3.5 Months After Open Tip Rhinplasty. When Will This Entirely Subside? (photo)

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. It can take 18-24 months to see the final result. Swelling may be influenced by the thickness of the patient's skin, whether the procedure was open or closed, whether the procedure was a revision, and whether or not tip work was performed.  I would recommend following up with your surgeon regarding any concerns. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Slight Uneven Swelling 3.5 Months After Open Tip Rhinplasty. When Will This Entirely Subside?

+1

After rhinoplasty, swelling can persist for up to a year.  The nose shape will definitely change.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty and swelling

+1

Swelling of the nose after rhinoplasty may take up to a year and sometimes l onger to subside. Be patient.