Is Slight Top Lip Augmentation Achievable?

I am contemplating on the idea of possibly having a lip augmentation done on my upper lip. I don't want it to look unnatural and was wondering if this is possible? From a Doctor's perspective what would be the best procedure, and what might it cost?

Upper Lip Augmentation

+1

I generally perform lip augmentation (depending on the patient’s desires) using autologous fat grafting.  Fat grafting lasts infinitely longer than the regular fillers and I’ve never had a patient express dissatisfaction with this procedure.  Fat grafting is not for everyone though, and some patients prefer the other fillers every few months. 

Jonathan Ross Berman, M.D. , F.A.C.S.

Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Moderate Upper Lip Augmentation

+1

Thank you for the photo.  You look like a good candidate for lip augmentation with an injectable.  Juvederm or Restylane are good options.  Please make sure that your injector is well trained and experienced.  Don't make your final decision based on price.  Always a good idea to see a couple of injectors before making a decision. 

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Lip Augmentation with good proportions

+1

Upper lip augmentation is simple to do and a small amount of filler like Juvederm or Restylane is a great place to start.  It is important not to fill the upper lip too large as compared to the lower lip to keep things looking natural. Hope this helps. 

Elizabeth Piantanida, MD
Colorado Springs Dermatologic Surgeon

Upper lip augmentation

+1

It is possible to have just a slight augmentation of the upper lip with an injectable filler.  For this purpose, I would recommend Juvederm or Restylane.  In general, the lower lip should be larger than the upper lip, so if you are going to only fill in the upper lip, you want it to be on the conservative side so it does not look unnatural.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation before and after

+1

Dear littleyellowtrees,

• A temporary filler like Juvederm would be best for the first time
  • You would want it injected proportionally to keep the nice balance that you have
  • This could be done with an exam, it doesn't hurt much and will look great
  • It costs about $500-$600 depending on where you live

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

+1

Yes, the upper lip can be augmented a little or more depending on the aesthetic requirements.  Aesthetically speaking, from the photo, your lower lip is quite nice and needs nothing.  The upper lip is about 30% of the lower lip size, with the aesthetic ideal being 75%.  Fillers or Alloderm Lip implants could provide the necessary augmentation to approach this ideal aesthetic proportion.  Hope this helps.

Lip Augmentation - Natural Results

+1

I would recommend lip augmentation with injectable fillers.  In our practice, we mostly use liquid injectable silicone which is precise and permanent, giving very natural appearing results.  If you are not ready for something permanent, there are temporary fillers (ie. hyaluronic acid fillers like juvederm, restylane) which can achieve nice results as well. I recommend you consult with a board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon experienced in lip augmentation. Implants are totally unnecessary and excessive for what you are looking for. 

Channing R. Barnett, MD

Natural Upper Lip Augmentation

+1

Temporary fillers for the upper lip such as restylane/juvederm look great and run $550 and last about 3-4 months. Fat injections last 6-12 months and often need to be done every 3-6 months for roughly $1500. Permanent implants are permanent and are easy to put in and easy to remove for $1500-2000. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD 

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

+1

A lip augmentation can be achieved very nicely with filler material like using one of the HA's( perlane, juvederm,etc.)

Augment only the u

+1

A small silicone rubber lip implant can give a permanent yet reversible result. The cost would be less than 3 years of repeated injectable fillers. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon