Is Slight Swelling Above Eyebrow 5 Days After Photorejuvenation Normal?

I believe I was burned above my right eyebrow. The area didn't blister, but swelled up and turned puffy/ almost purple the first day. It is the fifth day and the "scab" on that area is almost gone, but now the skin is lighter than the rest of my forehead in that area and pink. Is that normal? What do you recommend to prevent scarring? I also feel that I still have some slight swelling in that area. It's been five days. Is that normal? What can I do to relieve the swelling? Thank you!

Photofacial

+1

It is very difficult to answer your question without seeing you in person and examining you.  I would encourage you to see your provider. 

Photofacial

+1

This is not common, but no reason to panic.  Swelling will go away in 1-2 weeks.  Pigmentation resolves over 3-6 weeks.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Can be normal.

+1

I would give it a little more time.  I would be cautious about having more photofacials.  They often do produce a little more swelling and down time than advertised.