Bridge is straight after cast is removed. Will the slight slope I wanted become more visible after swelling goes down?

I just had my cast removed and I am very happy (so far) with the results. I discussed with my doctor that I wanted a slight slope. When I look at my nose with the tape on it seems straight and with no slope. Will the slope be more visable once the swelling goes down on the bridge of my nose?

+1

So you are less than 2 weeks post op! NEED to be more patient to allow more healing and decrease in swelling. 

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

Having just had the dressing removed, you are early in the healing process.  Above all else you should discuss this with your surgeon to make sure that you were both on the same page with regard to the desired outcome.   It will take some time to see what the final result will be.   Swelling on the dorsum or bridge of the nose goes down sooner than the tip and so you should be able to tell early on if you are going to have the desired slope to your nose.  It is important to see the surgeon, however because there are thiings that can be done to intervene in the healing process to help this along.  Good luck. GHB

Gregory Branham, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Slope

+1

I hope you were clear on what you wanted before surgery. You need to wait until the swelling comes down to really tell. See yout surgeon because massage may be in order

David A. Bray, Sr., MD