I Have Very Slight Skin Wrinkling After Breast Liposuction. Will It Stay Like This?

Hello, Yes, I am 30 years old and three months back I had liposuction of the left breast only. It was slightly larger than the right one, a cup size and I had minimal liposuction. Now I see that the skin is slightly wrinkled. I am very surprised as I suppose that I have good skin elasticity at 30 years. Also, the skin where it is wrinkled is peeling as if new skin is forming. I have very this skin. Will the skin texture improve with time or remain wrinkled forever? Thank you for your help.

+1

I would suggest aggressive massage and good skin moisturizers to allow the skin to redrape over a larger area. I do not think the severity of it will be permanent, but some element of wrinkling might persist.

Breast Skin Wrinkling After Liposuction

+1

While it is possible that the skin may improve with more time, I doubt that it will. Breast skin is thinner and less elastic at any age compared to thicker abdominal and thigh skin. There simply is less ability for good skin retraction. The wrinkling is a direct reflection of the loss of volume or the mild deflation of the balloon so to speak. While improvement may still be possible, I would not be optimistic that this breast skin wrinkling will go away.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Liposuction and breast skin

+1

It is quite possible that your skin will improve after liposuction of the breast. It really depends upon how much liposuction was performed and what the quality of the skin was like before the liposuction.

Skin after liposuction

+1

Yes, rest assured, your skin is very likely to continue to improve.  Three months out is early in the world of liposuction recovery.  People can appreciate continued swelling for 6 months or more and that can have effect on your skin.  Since you are a few months out, it is safe to perform some local massage too and that may help soften the skin faster.

Jennifer Lauren Crawford, MD

Slight skin wrinkling after breast liposuction.

+1

Thank you for your question.  I always tell patients that it will take at least six months before the final results become evident as it takes at least that long for the skin to shrink. .  Since you are relatively young and it has only been three months since surgery I think that your skin texture will continue to improve over the next three months. 

Donald M. Brown, MD