Slight Double Bubble After Implant Exchange. Will It Go Away?

I had replacement(smaller) implants 4 weeks ago.Now looks like small crease(Double bubble)above scar on one breast.Especially view from the side. Will this get better or get worse? I see it a little bit on other breast as well.My PS out for holidays.

Irregularities may appear as tissue is contracting.

+1

Because your tissues are contracting, it is difficult to predict the long term result this early after surgery. Consider the appearance of a woman's stomach 4 weeks after delivery. It takes time for the tissues to contract and scar tissue to mature. I would advise 9 months., 

Early double bubble

+1

At 4 weeks it may be too soon to determine if this is just some stretching or a long term potential problem. A photo is worth a thousand words.

Breast augmentation

+1

perhaps; however, photos are very important to make a better decision.  Also, the amount of breast tissue before the surgery, the amount of ptosis (drooping) of the breasts can effect the result.

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Double bubble perhaps due to position behind muscle

+1

Dear lady, of course without pictures it is impossible to give an accurate analysis of your problem. Nevertheless the possible causes of your problem are : diminished tissue stretching due to less volume, or changement of the implant position to behind the muscle.

In the latter case it is possible a lifting procedure needs to be added to obtain a good result, as a breast has the tendency to descend on top of the implant behind the pectoralis muscle.

In any case, no action needs to be taken untill your PS comes back from holiday. He should be able to tackle the problem.

Alexis Verpaele, MD
Belgium Plastic Surgeon