Non-surgical Treatment for Slight Discoloration?

I'm only 15 years old and I have a slight skin discoloration on my chin. Is that bad? Can I fix it naturally without surgery?

Correcting dark spots on the skin with Melarase

+1

Discoloration of the skin can be improved with Melarase creams and Melapads to the skin twice daily. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Skin discoloration

+1

You do not say what type of skin you have (color and ethnicity), and what the discoloration is - that is, darker pigment, reddish, bluish, etc., and whether there has been any prior treatment or trauma (such as scraping of the chin in a fall which is not uncommon). Regardless, surgery would not be recommended anyway. Based on the problem identified by an in person exam the doctor can let you know what will best achieve improvement in your case. It could range from topical medications or skin lightening agents, to microdermabrasions, to chemical peels to laser treatments (and which laser). If yo can give more information or a picture that may help further.

Theodore Katz, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Probably an Easy Fix

+1

ML

It is really impossible to tell you what to do without a description, never mind a good photograph. Is the discoloration hyperpigmented, vascular or red, lighter than surrounding skin, etc.

I am quite sure either a topical medication, electrodessication, laser, etc. can fix it without resorting to surgery. However, I must withhold advice without a description.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist