Slight Bunching/bulge in Muscles Between Eyebrows, Not Wrinkles but Creases Due to Pinched Muscles?

I'm fairly young (27 y/o f) and currently don't have wrinkles but I noticed something. I saw a crease between my brows and felt the area. The muscles in my face in between my brows closer to my left brow seem slightly bulged compared to the muscles closer to the right brow. When I wrinkle my face, the crease in between my brows that appears is towards the right. Massaging the bunched area and part of the area above left brow is slightly painful compared to the other side.What is going on?

Bulging muscle between eyebrows

+1

The bulging muscle between your eyebrows suggests that the muscle is overused and thus has thickened/enlarged, just like any overused or exercised muscle. Botox would be a great treatment option for you as it will weaken that muscle and cause atrophy which will thin it out. Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Bulging between the eyebrows

+1

Based on your description, it sounds as though you have a little hypertrophy of your brow depressor muscles and slight asymmetry is pretty normal.  If this is the case, you would be a perfect candidate for botox treatment which should eliminate the problem.  I hope this helps.

Peter J. Jenkin, MD, FAAD
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon