I have a slight bridge on my nose? (photo)

Around how much would I be looking at spending? And how long would the surgery and the healing process take? Also what are the risks to getting this surgery in the long run?

Rhinoplasty

+1

Removing the bump from your nose is certainly possible for you and I think you would get a nice result.  The most important factor will be the selection of the right surgeon.  Go on a few consults until you find the surgeon you feel does the nicest work.  The expected cost, including operating room and anesthesia would be around $7000.  Good luck!

I have a slight bridge on my nose?

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 25 years and from the photos provided, your bridge is higher than the nasal tip and can be reduced with a Closed Rhinoplasty.  The one factor that separates your profile from the celebrity example of Jessica Alba is that her chin is balanced while your's appears to be weak.  A weak chin makes the nose appear larger, on profile, than it truly is.  The chin can be augmented with a Chin Implant at the same time as the Closed Rhinoplasty.

I would like you to consider a few issues as a consumer seeking plastic and cosmetic surgery, in this case a Rhinoplasty.

1. The most important factor in selecting your plastic and cosmetic surgeon, or more specifically your Rhinoplasty Surgeon, is the surgeons ability to understand and follow the proper aesthetics of nasal beauty and facial beauty for the creation of a naturally more attractive nose and face.  It was those aesthetics, which are the topic of my book on the subject, that allowed me to notice that your chin as well as nasal bridge needed to be refined for you to achieve the desired aesthetic result.  Experience performing Rhinoplasty alone, is simply no longer enough.  The aesthetics of beauty are far more important as should these be ignored, the best Rhinoplasty technician can't achieve the desired aesthetic result.  It's that simple.
  2. Based on number 1., do not shop by price or use price as a determining factor in selecting your Rhinoplasty Surgeon until you have a few Rhinoplasty Surgeons that have the proper beauty aesthetics and years of Rhinoplasty experience.  At that point, you can compare their prices and decide which offers the best "value" for what you are paying.  Otherwise you are not comparing things that are equivalent.
  3. The best Rhinoplasty Surgeon may not be in your city or even state.  This why we offer the ability to e-mail us photos and have a telephone consultation to discuss your particular case.  Remember that the cost of the initial travel is far less than the cost of a required Revision Rhinoplasty should you not care for the aesthetic results.
  4. Rhinoplasty can improve your nasal bridge and augment your chin but you will not look like Jessica Alba.  You should have realistic expectations.  Further the nose can continue to heal for 6 - 12 months after a Rhinoplasty, so the results will not be evident at 1 month.  You will also have some exercise restrictions for the first month following the Rhinoplasty.  

Slight Bridge on My Nose

+1

The picture you morphed is a reasonable result; your expectations are realistic. You did more than reduce the bridge but I do agree with the changes you made. Select an experienced specialist so you can achieve the natural result you want. 

I have a slight bridge on my nose?

+1

Even with the side view only you would need a full rhinoplasty. Best to seek in person evaluations.. Fee from $4,500.//

I have a slight bridge on my nose?

+1
Rhinoplasty can reduce the hump through a closed approach with limited dissection to minimize swelling and healing time.  This may cost $5000 on the low end.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

I have a slight bridge on my nose?

+1

Yes, the result you like is not unreasonable to achieve. The model in the photo has a refined nose and a prominent chin. When you have a heavier looking nose and a small chin as is evident in your photo it is seen as less desireable. You may want to seek consultation with a surgeon to get more information on the surgery with or without the chin augmentation. Fees vary widely so the only way to get that information is to get a consultation.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Rhinoplasty for hump reduction

+1

The dorsal hump is composed of both bone and cartilage needs to be shaved down in order to make the change. Osteotomies  of the nasal bones will also be required to prevent an open roof deformity. Rhinoplasty is a outpatient surgical procedure which takes approximately 1-1/2-2 hours to perform and expect 2 weeks of bruising and swelling after the procedure. For more information about rhinoplasty, our price list and photo gallery, please see the link below

Rhinoplasty General Information

+1

It's difficult to tell the extent of your required surgery based on your photos. That being said, a simple hump only rhinoplasty is a fairly quick procedure that can be done at a reasonable cost. If you require tip work the time and cost increases. I would recommend meeting with a plastic surgeon to discuss your options and get an idea of cost.

Good Luck, Dr Shifrin

David Shifrin, MD