Should I choose sliding Genioplasty vs. neck lift/chin implant based on 2 opinions from PS?

I’ve been very self-conscious about my weak profile since adolescence, and have recently considered genioplasty/neck lift/lipsuction. First PS I saw recommended implant + neckleft. PS # 2 says sliding genioplasty only - doesn’t think there’s much fat on my neck + surgery would tighten the floor of mouth/neck contours. PS #2 is a real old-school British surgeon. Q: Is he just behind the times or will sliding genioplasty ONLY really give me the dramatic results to my profile/neck contour I’m seeking?

Neck lift verus sliding genioplasty

+1
Without pictures it is very difficult to recommend a specific procedure for you. For my patients who lack chin projection and have excess neck fullness I prefer lipocontouring of the neck with or without a neck lift and a chin implant. This typically gives the patient the desired result. 

Sliding Genioplasty vs. Chin Implant

+1
Dear Pazsb,
It is difficult to answer this question without a physical exam and impossible without photographs.  Please consider posting with some front and profile pictures so that we can make an more accurate comment. In general a sliding genioplasty will pull the neck musculature forward and an implant will not do that.   Pulling the neck musculature forward tends to lead to a nice result in the redundant tissue in the neck.  The implant can pull some of the skin forward though and that may be enough. But again, without photos it is impossible to tell you which route is best for you. Best of luck. 

Luis H. Macias, MD

Genioplasty versus a neck lift plus chin implant

+1
 Genioplasty is simply cutting the mandible bone and sending it forward  for cosmetic and dentition purposes. It has only minimal effect of the soft tissues of the neck area
A neck lift involves removing fat above and below the platysma muscle, a platysma plasty , to contour the soft tissues of the neck. A chin implant may or may not be needed to advance the front part of the chin if it's recessive.
A genioplasty is typically performed in the hospital setting, wall a chin implant/neck lift is performed as an outpatient procedure in a surgery center

Chin implant and neck lift vs. sliding genio plasty.

+1
Chin implant and neck lift vs. sliding genio plasty.I need to see photos to give a proper answer. A chin implant will be better and a sling genio plasty will not be as good as a neck lift. If u have an early jowl with your head bent down then a facelift would be better than a neck lift. 

Should I choose sliding Genioplasty vs. neck lift/chin implant based on 2 opinions from PS

+1
It is hard to give advice without seeing you, but in my practice, I have great results with chin augmentation and/or neck lift.  The fact that you state, you are self-conscious about your 'weak profile' tells me your chin is receded. A chin implant is a very quick, easy procedure and the recovery is rapid.  

Necklift and chin implant vs sliding genioplasty

+1
Your chance of getting a worthwhile answer would be greater if you post pictures from the front and the side. Also post examples of profile and neck contour you are seeking.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon