Will Sliding Genioplasty Tighten Up the Neck Area? Or Will I Need Neck Lipo?

My chin is small especially in vertical height and I plan to have a sliding genioplasty in the near future. I am 20 years old, female, and very fit, but my neck from a side view looks sort of loose, like a double chin. I am not even close to being overweight. When I have my sliding genioplasty, will it pull this skin and tighten up the area or should I also plan to have lipo there? Thank you for your time and answers!!

Neck tightening

+1

A sliding genioplasty or a chin implant will only slightly improve the neck.  If additional improvement in the neck is desired, then liposuction or a neck lift are required

Combined Genioplasty and Neck Liposuction

+1

Depending upon the amount of movement with the sliding genioplasty, it will help to smooth out the neckline better than an implant because it lengthens both the bone and the muscles while an implant merely pushes out the soft tissue chin pad. But based on how much fat is in your neck, if any, you can hedge your bet on the result by doing neck liposuction at the same time.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Will Sliding Genioplasty Tighten Up the Neck Area Or Will I Also Need Neck Liposuction?

+1

This is a great question. Both chin implants and sliding genioplasty will typically improve the neckline. However, the improvement in some patients is inadequate. Thus, I will often perform liposuction of the chin/ jaw area to further refine the profile appearance. It is hard to say without reviewing your photos but these procedures are commonly combined for best results. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon