What are sliding genioplasty risks?

I've asked a few questions on here and came to the conclusion that sliding genioplasty would be my best option. My only concern are the risks (damage to the nerve in your jaw?) and I am wondering what the chances are of anything like that happening to me if I get the surgery. If I do my research and choose a good surgeon are the chances of that happening still high? Thank you

Genioplasty Risks

+1
Genioplasty like any surgery has risks, but they are rare.  Most genioplasty patients a have swelling and temporary lip numbness.  Infection and permanent nerve damage is rare.  Asymmetry, over correction and undercorrection are also uncommon possibilities.
Surgeons that are experienced at this procedure usually have smooth results.

Joe Niamtu, III
Cosmetic Facial Surgery
Richmond, Virginia

Richmond Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon