Male, 17: Do I need a sliding genioplasty/chin implant? (Photo)

I feel like my chin is very small and hurts my profile. I am 17 years old, about to be 18, and would like to hear some opinions on what to do. Am I a good candidate for jaw/chin surgery?

Chin augmentation

+2
Assuming your teeth are in proper position, you would appear to benefit from either a chin implant or genioplasty.  In younger patients, my preferred surgery is a genioplasty because it avoids the bone resorption that accompanies a chin implant and is a more durable long-term solution.

Web reference: http://www.drjasonhall.com/procedures/facial-rejuvenation/chin-surgery/

Either is ok

+1
Either a chin implant or genioplasty is a good option for you.  The advantage of a genioplasty is that no plastic material is required (but screws are used) while the advantage of the implant is that it is a bit less complex of surgery, and has the distinct advantage of providing fullness to the side of the chin (this is an area that thins with aging whcih can actually be accentuated with the osteotomy of a genioplasty).  I perform both techniques but would recommend a chin implant in your case.
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon