Would You Recommend a Sliding Genioplasty or Chin Implant? (photo)

I'd really like to get surgery for my chin due to the fact that it's receded and small. Currently, I have braces to fix a Class II Malocclusion and my teeth are pretty close to being lined up. I've been doing a lot of research on chin augmentation for the past year and I can not figure out which would be more beneficial: a sliding genioplasty or a chin implant. I'd really like for my profile to be fixed, however, I feel that my chin is also vertically deficient. Not sure how many mm though.

Chin Implant Surgery is Less Involved than Jaw Surgery

+1

Chin implant surgery ususally involves a small incision under the chin and a selection of an implant, usually an anatomical style. Today's chin implants have been carefully designed to have a natural contour and have a low complication rate. Most implants come with sizers so the surgeon can try a bracket of sizes to achieve the best balance without distortion. However if your bite is off, jaw surgery may be the best long term option.

Web reference: http://facialplasticsurgery.com

Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon