Would You Recommend a Sliding Genioplasty or Chin Implant? (photo)

I'd really like to get surgery for my chin due to the fact that it's receded and small. Currently, I have braces to fix a Class II Malocclusion and my teeth are pretty close to being lined up. I've been doing a lot of research on chin augmentation for the past year and I can not figure out which would be more beneficial: a sliding genioplasty or a chin implant. I'd really like for my profile to be fixed, however, I feel that my chin is also vertically deficient. Not sure how many mm though.

Sliding genioplasty

+1
If you  already have a class II malocclusion, you might want to have your orthodontist align your teeth so you could have the right surgery which is jaw advancement. This procedure would take care of all your issues. 

New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Chin Implant Surgery is Less Involved than Jaw Surgery

+1

Chin implant surgery ususally involves a small incision under the chin and a selection of an implant, usually an anatomical style. Today's chin implants have been carefully designed to have a natural contour and have a low complication rate. Most implants come with sizers so the surgeon can try a bracket of sizes to achieve the best balance without distortion. However if your bite is off, jaw surgery may be the best long term option.

Edward Szachowicz, MD, PhD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon