If I Revise my Belly Button Because I Am Not Satisfied with How It Looks, How Long Will It Take to Heal?

I had a tt about 5 months ago. I have a new belly button, but I think is way to small and it looks fake. If I get it done over, how long will it take to heal? Is it possible to make it a little deeper and bigger? I spent a lot of money already.

Belly Button Revision

+1

I perform many belly button revisions and have found them to be relatively simple with minimal recovery.  Most patients wish they had not waited so long. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

+1

Belly button revision depends upon a multitude of factors including the scarring characteristics of individual, the amount of skin that can be recruited into the area, and the ability to deepen the belly button.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Umbilical revision after an abdominoplasty

+1

On occasion the incision around the umbilicus can be more prominent than desired and it can narrow it as well.  With an abdominoplasty the umbilicus and resulting scar is the most visible one since the low transverse scar is covered by clothing.  If you are very thin it can be difficult to give the umbilicus any depth.  If you are not happy with the result a revision is always possible and should  not take long to heal.