I Am a Slender 51 Year Old Woman Who is 5'6" and Am Fit.

My problem is loose skin on thighs and my butt is saggy. I do not have much, if any, extra fat for a Brazilian butt lift, which I don't want anyway. I would like my butt lifted and my skin tightened on my thighs. Is this possible and where would the scars be?I've taken care of my body through exercise and good nutrition all of my life. I'm fair skinned and of German descent. I've had other cosmetic surgeries, such as a breast lift, face lift and liposuction in the past, all with great results.

Buttock and Thigh Lift

+2

This is a case where a picture (photo) is worth a thousand words and an actual physical exam priceless.  Nonetheless, it is possible that you need both a buttock and a thigh lift.  Where the scar(s) go depends upon where the laxity is. It is also possible that by re-inflating/plumping the buttock (back) up with an implant, you may get enough "lift" that you no longer require the added scars of a formal buttock lift procedure - in my experience this is frequently the case.  Your next step is to visit a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes in buttock augmentation with implants.  Best of luck...RAS

How much does it bother you and What will you tolerate to get rid of it?

+2

Some people can develop an extreme amount laxity laterally and the only way to really correct this is with a lateral thigh lift. Usually 20 cm or more can be resected laterally along with some liposuction over the trocanteric area to facilitate the lift. Patients I have performed this on have been very happy with the procedure. The scars are significant but covered well by clothing.

Thomas R. Walek, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Are thigh lift and buttock lift scars worth it?

+2

You have already had procedures (facelift, breast lift) where the tradeoff of shape for scar is far in favor of the shape improvement as the scars can be easily hidden.  What kind of scars you need for thigh or buttock lifts depend on an exam and on your particular anatomy but these are much harder to hide.  Consequently, these are much rarer procedures except in the massive weight loss patients where the serious excvess skin problem makes the scars ok.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Brazillian Butt Lift and Thigh Lift

+1

Thank you for your question. See your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, and they can present your list of surgical options, and then you can evaluate them and if they are right for you. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Abolish the saginess

+1

Dear Gloria,

You may be a candidate for thigh/buttock lift with autologous gluteal flap.  This is a procedure where the back of the thigh is lifted through a G string incision.  During the same procedure, portion of the tissue to be removed can be re-inset to provide a lift and fullness in the gluteal or buttock region.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS