Does Sleeping on my Side Affect Liposuction Healing?

Hi, sorry for yet another question haha. Does sleeping on one's side affect the outcome or healing of liposuction? I don't wear my garment anymore (its been a month) and always fall asleep on my side. I had lipo on my abs and neck. I'm only 127 lb, and a young male. Not much fat was taken out, just removed a stubborn spot on my abs and I wanted a more defined neck. Please lemme know, thanks!

Sleeping Position After Liposuction

+2

At 4 weeks after liposuction, there is enough scar tissue and healing to prevent any damage to your final result.  The swelling on the side which you lie one may take longer to resolve, but that is the worse case scenario.

Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Sleeping on one side after surgery tends to cause more swelling on that side.

+2

Sleeping on one side can tend to cause that side to swell more than the upturned side. However, at 4 weeks following surgery, it is not likely to have much of an effect. However, it is best to discuss this with your surgeon.

Position of sleeping should not interfere in the liposuction result after one month

+2

I doubt that at one month you would have any deleterious effect from sleeping on your side. The collagen retraction of the septae around your fat lobules is continuing to tighten and you should get an improvement in the next six months.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Sleeping on side after liposuction

+1
While swelling may be more apparent on the side you sleep on, it shouldn't be that visible since it's been a month after your surgery.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Sleeping on side after liposuction

+1

Your sleeping position should not impact the healing of your liposuction procedure.  Relax and rest peacefully.