Best Sleeping Position As I Have Baggy Eyes?

Hi..just wondering the best sleeping position to help alleviate accumulated fluid and puffiness under the eyes. Whichever side I sleep on finishes up baggier. I sleep on 2 or 3 pillows so my head is higher. I thought sleeping on my back might help, but then read that if you do that the fluid from your sinuses accumulates under your eyes! Any help would be appreciated. I am 61yrs, so some of it is age related and I also have an under active Thyroid, which I know doesn't help. Thanks.

Stand Up :-) byVillar

+1

Find the position that gives you the most comfortable and restful sleep and forget about positional drainage of you baggy eyes which would be standing up if the fluid was gravity dependent.  But then your ankles and feet would swell up and your shoes would not fit, which would be far worse!  (Many a truth is said in jest).  

If you must try something, there are gel pads that can be refrigerated and laid upon the eyes for a soothing light pressure.  It may or may not work, but you will have the satisfaction of being proactive.   Fluid does not come out of your sinuses.  However, an allergy that affects your sinuses could cause edema of the eyelids.  Best wishes. Knowledge is power.  Luis F. Villar MD FACS