Ive Been Sleeping on my Side Post Septorhinoplasty, Have a Ruined my Results? (photo)

I had septorhinoplasty 6 days ago and keeo waking up to find ive shifted onto my side during the night. I managed the first 2 nights on my back but have been sleeping on my side since. Could I have ruined my nose?

Crooked nose and septorhinoplasty

+2

Dear MissJess

Although the best sleeping position after surgery is on your back, it is highly unlikely that you have ruined your surgical results. It looks like you have a very well placed aquaplast cast which is quite effective in keeping the nose in good position during the early part of your recovery. 

I wouldn't worry at this point, just get rest and heal!

You might consider contacting your surgeon if it would give you extra peace of mind and discuss what has been going on. 

I hope you enjoy your results

Dr. S

#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }  

Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

6 days post septorhinoplasty

+2

It's highly unlikely that you have caused any harm to your surgical result.  Your tip is taped, and you still have your cast on.  There is only so much you can control at night with regard to your sleeping position.  Try not to stress over this.  Good luck.

A. Joshua Zimm, MD

Results after septorhinoplasty

+1

Dear missjess2013,

• It is unlikely that you ruined your results, the cast is meant to protect your nose
  • You can try sleeping with 2 big pillows on either side of you so it is harder to roll over
  • You may want to sleep with your cast on after it comes off, but that depends on your surgeon

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD