Sleeping on Belly After Breast Augmentation?

I am 17 days post breast augmentation(silicone implants under the muscle) and I feel great. Is it safe for me to sleep on my stomach? My only problem is I can't sleep because I need to sleep on my belly. I have unders/silicone

Ask your surgeon

+1
Please ask your surgeon for their advice. I recommend that patients sleep on their back or side after surgery. They should also wear their supportive sports bra or compression bra day and night for the first eight weeks. 

Sleeping on your stomach after breast implant augmentation surgery

+1

Sleeping recomendations vary by surgeon and procedure with some allowing and actually preferring you to sleep on stomach the FIRST day after surgery while others prefer to wait closer to 3-6 weeks. Discuss the specificas with your surgeon.

This is a question for your surgeon.

+1

With all due respect, plastic surgeons differ in technique and opinions as to what is best in their patients. You really should ask your surgeon what he or she prefers for your particular case. This is part of what you paid for when you retained him or her as your surgeon.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Start with sleeping on your side

+1

The first thing is to follow the advice of your plastic surgeon. I do ask my patients after a couple of weeks to start be sleeping on their side and gradually working towards sleeping on their tummy. Take care.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS