Sleep on Stomach?

I am a 32AA cup size, 5'1 & 95lbs. I am getting 200cc Silicone implants, submuscular moderate plus profile. I know I won't be able to sleep on my stomach for quite a while, but I was wondering if I ever will and is it safe even after a yr..?

Sleeping on Stomach

+1
It is totally safe to sleep on your stomach after your initial recovery following your surgery. While you are recovering, I recommend that my patients sleep on their side or back, as well as wear their post-surgical bra every day and night for the first 8 weeks after their surgery. 

Patients can resume sleeping on their stomach as soon as comfortable after breast augmentation.

+1

When you can resume sleeping the prone position is a question best answered by your plastic surgeon. In my practice patients are allowed to resume this when it is comfortable for them.

Possible to sleep on stomach after recovery

+1

Breast implants should not affect your long-term ability to sleep on your stomach. After breast augmentation surgery, it is important to avoid sleeping on your stomach for the first few weeks as it may affect healing and the implant’s position. Once the body has fully healed and under your board certified plastic surgeon’s recommendations, you should be able to sleep however you are most comfortable.

C. Edwin Pittman, MD
Athens Plastic Surgeon

Stomach sleeping

+1

Yes, you should be able to resume sleeping on your stomach after you are healed from surgery.  It may feel a bit uncomfortable at first, but that will improve with time.  Good luck.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

It should be safe to sleep on your stomach following breast augmentation

+1

There is no reason why following a reasonable period of healing, say 6 or 8 weeks, that you shouldn't be able to at least try stomach sleeping again.  It may not feel exactly comfortable at first, but it certainly won't put you at risk.  I would definitely expect you to have resumed all of your normal activities, including sports and stomach sleeping well before a year postop.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD

Sleep on stomach after breast augmentation

+1

Thank you for your question.  Yes, you will be able to sleep on your stomach after a breast augmentation.  Most surgeons will want you to avoid this for a period of time, so you do not push the implants out laterally when they are still healing.  Recommendations for the amount of time are variable and best to comply with what your surgeon recommends.  

Best of luck.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Sleeping on Stomach after Breast Augmentation?

+1

You should be able to sleep on your stomach and resume all of your pre-surgical activities after you are healed. I would check with your plastic surgeon about his or her recommendations since every surgeon has a preference about when you can resume activities. Most of my patients resume sleeping on their stomachs after about three weeks. It is important that you follow all of the instructions of your surgeon since you are a participant in your own care. Good luck with your surgery.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Sleep on Stomach?

+1

Almost all patients who slept on their stomachs before breast surgery will again. It may take up to a year, but most are sleeping in normal position by 3 months. All the best. 

Sleep on stomach?

+1

Yes you will be able to sleep on your stomach. Each PS has their own recommendation and you should check with yours. In general I advise waiting for at least 3 months.

Jake Lim, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Stomach sleeping after breast augmentation

+1

I do not have specific sleep restrictions for patients after breast augmentation.  When they are comfortable they can lie on their stomach.  That may take a few weeks.