Can I Sleep on the Side of my Face After Having Radiesse Injected into my Cheeks?

Sleep position after Radiesse injection in face.

+4

Unless you use a rock for a pillow, no normal sleep surface will move your Radiesse out of position! You may have a slight degree of facial swelling after any type of filler injection so not working out for a day or so, and sleeping with your head slightly elevated for a day or so will help to keep this to a minimum. Any attempt to mobilize or massage Radiesse to "mold" its appearance should be done during placement.

Rest easy and sleep well!

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Sleeping after Radiesse

+3

While it is ideal not to put any pressure on an area treated with Radiesse or most fillers, it generally does not make a difference unless you are very rough. 3 simple suggestions would include1) a soft pillow 2) attempting to sleep on your back or on a lazy boy recliner 3)waiting at least 5 or 6 hours before going to sleep 4) avoiding hard chewing as happens with eating apples , steaks, or bagels fo example.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Care After Radiesse Injections

+3

There is no strict or vigorous care after undergoing Radiesse injections. You should not manipulate the injected area directly, this is the most important instruction. Although it is theoretically better not to put direct pressure on the cheeks after undergoing injections, it should not change the result. From El Paso, Las Cruces, Mexico.

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Sleeping after Radiesse Injections

+3

I have never given my patients any special instructions on sleeping after Radiesse injections and I have yet to see problems from this. However, it might be a good idea to use a soft pillow for your own comfort due to the swelling.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Sleeping on Face After Radiesse Injections

+3

Hi PHD,

Whether you can sleep on the side of your face after having Radiesse injections depends on how heavy your head is, how hard the surface that you are sleeping upon, and how much of a drunken stupor you are under.  Best to discuss this with your injector, but it is not a bad idea to sleep on your back the first few nights.  If that is not possible, a soft pillow should do.  Radiesse in the cheeks is usually injected deep so that light pressure should not affect your treatment.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Sleeping on Side of Face with Radiesse?

+3

Hi PHD.  This should not be a problem.  Just to be safe, it would not be a bad idea idea to sleep on your back for a day or two.  Especially in the first day or two following Radiesse injections, the product can be massaged and moved slightly so rule out any possibilities by sleeping on your back.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Sleeping on back is best

+3

While there is no long-term problem with side sleeping after filler injections, the side you sleep on will certainly be more swollen every morning for several days. Sleeping on your back and on 2-3 pillows will reduce that risk.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Will facial filler displace or move when sleeping on face

+3

Sleeping on a soft pillow should not have an adverse effect on placement of the filler especially after 4-6 hours

Radiesse and suggested sleeping position

+2
I have my patients after most procedures try and sleep elevated with two or three pillows behind their back to help avoid any excess swelling. I know this is difficult for some patients and if it is impossible for you I would suggest a soft sleeping surface. There should be no long term adverse result from side sleeping after Radiesse so rest assured!

Michael Elam, MD

Sleeping on Side after Radiesse

+2

I typically recommend sleeping on your back for the first 48 hours.  Ideally, you do not want to manipulate the product.  If you are a side sleeper, I would encourage you to sleep with a soft pillow.  It is best to discuss with your provider that placed the product.

David V. Poole, MD
Altamonte Springs Plastic Surgeon