Is It Necessary to Sleep Elevated on Back After Juvederm?

I had botox and juvederm done at noon today. is it necessary for me to sleep on my back and/or elevate my head when I sleep tonight? i forgot to ask my doctor!

No restrictions for position after Restylane and Juvederm, but there is for Botox

+1

There are no positional restricitons post Juvederm or Restylane filler injections, but many physicians recommend that their patients not lie flat or bend over at the waist for four hours after Botox. This is not proven to be necessary, as it hasn't been studied, but as it had been suggested many years ago for patients to be mindful of this four hour restriction we still advise so.

+1

No, it's not necessary for you to aleep on your back after having Botox and Juvederm IMHO.  If you have had a significant amount of soft tissue fillers, sleeping with the head slightly elevated helps drain the swelling.  

Sleepinng on your back after Juvederm is NOT necessary

+1

No, anyway you sleep is fine.  Icing is the most important for the first 24 to 48 hours after getting injected.  Do not rub and you will be fine!

Good luck.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Activities after Botox and Juvederm

+1

No, you do not need to sleep on your back. I like you to restrict your activities for 4 hours after Botox injections.

I prefer you to stay upright for 4 hours after the Botox. I also like you not to exercise the remainder of the day after either of these injection treatments . I like everything to settle and you do have tiny injection sites that i like to heal before you go out and sweat.You also don't want to rub these areas (Botox and Juvederm) the remainder of the day.

Esta Kronberg, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Very few restrictions after filler injections

+1

There are no restrictions on sleep positions, however some patients may notice a slight increased swelling in the morning for a day or so after the treatment depending on areas treated and amount of product used.

Doris Day, MD

What to do after Juvederm

+1

No, you do not need to take any special sleep precautions after your injections beyond what your doctor suggested.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Sleep upright after injectables

+1

No. The only restriction I place on patients who receive Botox is to not rub or massage the injected areas for 24 hours. You don't want to possibly displace some to unwanted areas.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Activities after Botox and Juvederm

+1

After Botox and/or Juvederm injections, I instruct all my patients to resume normal activities. I only ask that they refrain from rubbing the injected areas. There are no further restrictions on their activities or sleeping habits at any time.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

No, it is not necessary to sleep on your back or with your head elevated.

+1

No, after BOTOX® [or other formulations of BTX-A] it is not necessary to sleep on your back or with your head elevated. The BOTOX® will mostly have either been taken up by the nerve endings in the treated area, or washed away by your natural circulation, during the first hour after your BOTOX® treatment, so there are no restrictions for my patients after the first hour.

Neither is that necessary after fillers, except perhaps if your lips were treated. Swelling of the lips during the night after they are treated with Juvéderm® is much less of a problem than it used to be after treatment with Restylane®, but it is a good idea to sleep with your head up on a couple of pillows the night after treatment of your lips with any filler, in particular if it is Restylane®,

Kevin C. Smith, MD
Niagara Falls Dermatologic Surgeon