Liposuction Without TT Ok?

I am 28yo 5"7" 177lbs. (I was 225lbs 5 months ago). I have stretch marks and a little sag, i'd like a TT and lipo on my flanks belly and back rolls. I don't want to get a TT until I have lost about 30 lbs. Would it be ok to get just lipo on my middle first (I won't mind the tempprary saggy tummy) and then get my TT later this year? I know it's better and less pricey to get it done together but I really want the lipo now. I haven't read any stories about doing lipo first than a TT later on.

Fat versus laxity

+2

Thank you for the question.  If you have excess fat then liposuction will help.  This fat will have to be outside the abdominal wall.  Any skin and soft tissue laxity will of course not improve with just liposuction by itself.  Later on, after your weight loss, you can choose to have a tummy tuck .

all the best,

Dr Remus 

Liposuction Without Abdominoplasty Tummy Tuck San Diego OK?

+2

Without photos, hard to offer advice specific to your situation.  In general, anything is "OK," but for patients in your situation, I usually help them lose the weight first, and defer all procedures until they are happy with their weight.  The body changes with weight loss, often dramatically.  Priorities change.  Tummy tuck is so much more powerful than liposuction.  For the most value, lose weight first, then re-evaluate... Just my opinion.

Steve Laverson, MD

Liposcution before Tummy Tuck

+2

If you are willing to accept the loose skin that may occur after liposuction then you can have it done independently. 

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Do lipo and tummy tuck together for best results

+2

The most logical thing would be to do the tummy tuck and liposuction at the same time. There would only be one recovery time and the overall fees would be less. With the type of weight loss you describe, it is very unlikely that the lipo alone would give good results.

Richard Baxter, MD

Temporary Liposuction, prior Tummy Tuck?

+2

Hello.  My recommendation for you is to have a consultation with a Certified Plastic Surgeon, to see all the possibilities and finally decide a Surgical Plan in order to get the best benefit. Maybe you do not need to lose all that 30 lbs you mentioned, and yet have Lipo + Tummy Tuck..it  is not infrequent  to advise my patients not to  lose all the weight they may want before going into plastic surgery procedure, for better management of the tissues and get a nicer  body contour surgery.  All the best.  Dr. Vega

Ricardo Vega, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Often after liposuction, you may not need a tummy tuck.

+2

Liposuction does such a great job on the waist line that afterwards, patients often don't need a tummy tuck. The lipo is done under local so it is safer and easy to undergo. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction Without TT Ok?

+2

I sometimes do a 5 liter liposuction prior to a tummy tuck to skinny the patient down so that the tummy tuck results look even better.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Liposuction Without TT Ok?

+2

Without photos it is really impossible to give a useful answer--in terms of whether this will offer reasonable improvement or not. 

I can say that it is unlikely that you would be doing anything harmful to your eventual outcome. But if you will be having your TT later this year, the benefit you would get is just a few months. The swelling may overwhelm any changes for a month or two, using up some of the brief window in time  that you would have to enjoy the improvement.

Thanks for your question, congratulations on the results of your hard work. All the best. 

Tummy tucks can follow lipo

+1

Yes - you can always do a tummy tuck after lipo.  In fact, that happens all the time.

For patients who had overly aggressive liposuction and have dents, a tummy tuck is the best treatment.

Many patients who are loose and have stretch marks end up getting liposuction rather than a tummy tuck, which makes them even looser. 

So the answer is that we frequently do tummy tucks after liposuction.

Steven Teitelbaum, MD

Lipo now, tummy tuck later

+1

Yes - in general, this can be done.  It's a helpful method if the upper abdomen has a large amount of subcutaneous fat.  You lipo this area in stage 1 -  then it's nice and slim when the tummy tuck is done in part 2, using this area to make the new tummy.

Congratulations on your impressive weight loss!

Thomas Fiala, MD