Internal Swelling After Rhino/Septoplasty?

Hello, I had a rhinoplasty, septoplasty on April 26th. I went on April 29th to have a few stitches remove and it was very sensitive. Today May 2nd I went to have the cast removed but my surgeon could not remove the rest of the stitches because the inside of my nose was still swollen and very sensitive. Is this normal? I don't think I have a low pain tolerance cause I've been through some pretty painful things previously. I just want to know if this is normal.

Swelling after Rhinoplasty #nosejob

+1

It is perfectly normal and it is not comfortable having anyone in there that soon after surgery. I have been there. You have a long way to go for the swelling to resolve and it will in time, but rest easy that this is a normal situation.

Post op swelling

+1

Internal and external swelling is normal after rhinoplasty.  It can sometimes take up to a month or longer to improve.  Intranasal swelling may be more if septoplasty or turbinate surgery was done.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Edema is a normal reaction after a rhinoplasty

+1

Edema is a normal reaction after a rhinoplasty, it decreases progressively with time, gross edema disappears in the first few weeks but may persist some degree of inflammation and edema until after 6 months, for now you just have to be patient and wait for the disappearance of edema  which will  improve all

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

Swelling after rhinoplasty is the norm.  Taking the stitches out in stages really depends.  Your doctor has the best ability to make that decision based upon his exam.

Sensitivity after a rhinoplasty is expected and normal

+1

Your questions about swelling and sensitivity after a rhinoplasty are very common.  This is totally expected and normal.  It will take several weeks to a few months for this sensitivity to return to normal.