Slanted Almond Shaped Eyes (Caucasian) - Can This Be Fixed?

Hi, I am a 30 year old caucasion woman and am very insecure with the shape of my eyes. I've been made fun of in school as a child and people still ask if I am ethnic. I was wondering if slanted almond shaped eyes are normal for caucasion people and if a surgery is available to correct the slant for both eyes? My lower lids also have puffiness underneath them. They're not like an asian persons', but the outside corners are slanted upwards.

Almond shaped eyes in the caucasian.

+3

Your almond shaped eyes are beautiful--don't let anyone touch them. The bags in your lower lids can be removed thru the inside of the eyelid without a scar.

Almond shaped eyes

+1

Actually, having almond-shaped eyes (with the lateral canthus being higher than the medial canthus) is a very desirable trait.  Many of the most beautiful women in the world have this look....and many women come in to see plastic surgeons trying to get this type of look!

Don't mess with it!  

Thomas Fiala, MD

Canthoplasty Can Change The Position Of The Outer Corner Of The Eye

+1

The position of the corner or canthus of the eye can be surgically changed through a small procedure known as a lateral canthoplasty, either creating an upward inclination (almond eyes) or making it more level. Whether you should change the position of your outside eye corners is a personal one. The bags that you have under your eyes is herniated or extruding fat. These can simply be removed through an incision placed inside the lower eyelid, an operation known as a tranconjunctival lower blepharoplasty. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD