Skinny Legs and Arms with a Saggy Stomach Wt180 Ht 5'6. Can I Get a Tummy Tuck?

Top heavy women seem to run in my family Big Breast and flabby saggy stomachs I am 5'6 and 180 lbs I have given birth to 3 children I have did the diet and exercise thing to get rid of my stomach how ever I just seem to lose weight in my legs and buttocks which looks very weird considering I already have skinny legs and arms.Since I don't want to lose any more weight in those areas do you think its possible to have a tummy tuck as I stated earlier my stomach is very saggy and hangs VERY LOW

Hanging skin and tummy tuck

+1

From the description you give, yes, it sounds like a tummy tuck my be a good option but I don't have the added benefit of a picture or being your doctor.

For more information, see a board-certifed plastic surgeon in your area and discuss the possibility in further detail.

Possible candidate for a tummy tuck

+1

From your description it sounds like you may very well be a candidate for a tummy tuck though some photos could be helpful. Your best bet would be to consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons who can obtain your history,examine you and then provide you with more individualize and helpful information. 

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Candidacy for Tummy Tuck

+1

Hi there-

It sounds like you may benefit from an abdominoplasty, but to be certain this is your best option, an examination and consultation would be required.

I would locate a reputable surgeon Certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery and pay them a visit.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

+1

Yes you are a candidate but best to see in person a boarded PS in your area for a full evaluation. Best to you. 

Tummy tuck for sagging stomach

+1
Baed upon your post, you are certainly a candidate for a tummy tuck. See a board certified plastic surgeon who can discuss the procedure with you. I advise women to delay the procedure until after their childbearing has been completed so if three kids are enough for you, then now is the time to do something for yourself if you are happy with your current weight. Best of luck!

Robert L. Kraft, MD

TT ideal for loose/flabby abdominal skin after weight loss

+1

Sounds like you are the ideal candidate for the procedure. After pregnancy, most women suffer from torn fascia (lining in abdominal wall which helps hold tummy in) leadng to the problem you are describing. I will often add what is called mesh to support the repair I make when performing abdominoplasties. Mesh is what general surgeons use to fix hernias. I place it right on top of your fascia and this acts like an internal girdle that will help maintain a flat tummy.

Congratulations on your weight loss! Best wishes, Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Candidate?

+1

Based on a description, you sound like an excellent candidate for the tummy tuck procedure. This procedure will serve to remove the excess skin and tissue of the abdominal wall and tighten up the muscles that have spread with pregnancy and/or weight  gain and loss.

I would suggest in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

3 children

+1

The quick answer is sure. The longer response is that with each pregnancy the bottum third of the rectus adbominus muscle is displaced to the side. This gives the woman a pouch in th lower abdominal region. It typically is the extra skin and the malposition of the muscle that contribute to the change in abdominal appearance. Both may need to be addressed. Often thinner legs draw more attention to the belly.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Tummy tuck for the hanging abdomen

+1

Anyone with hanging abdominal skin will benefit from a tummy tuck. If you can, additional weight loss will happen only where the fat is, and I can't imagine your legs becoming skinny without some give in the abdomen. If your weight is where you wish it to be, then you might be ready for the tummy tuck.

peterejohnsonmd.com

Tummy Tuck for Saggy Stomach

+1

It sounds like you would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck. A Board Certified plastic surgeon can give you more specific information after examining you.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon