Liposuction for Extra Fat Only in Tummy Area?

I am 5'7" and 137 lbs...I dont have a lot of extra fat anywhere except my stomach, and I even had that when I was very young and was under 120 lbs! It appears that I only gain weight in my stomach region and a dab under my chin, and I would like to have lipo. I did have one child 3 years ago with only 3 stretch marks but it looks like I have a big texas doughnut out in front of me, surrounding my navel. I eat very sensibly, but I am like a reverse dromedary here! Fat in front! Help!

If the fat is concentrated in the abdomen then liposuction could be a solution if the skin is good. ARe you sure it is just fat and not weakness of the muscles? If muscles are weak you may need a tummy tuck.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Liposuction for extra fat in tummy area

It sounds like you might be an ideal candidate for liposuction—though this would depend upon an exam by a qualified surgeon. I like to utilize Slim Lipo on this area as it tends to work nicely on smaller areas and most likely would give you very nice improvement. However, every surgeon is different and has their own preferences regarding lipostuction. I'd recommend a personal consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust and feel comfortable with. He or she can examine you and make more in-depth recommendations considering your anatomy and goals.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

303 Williams Ave SW
Huntsville, AL 35801

Liposuction VS Tummy Tuck

Liposuction can work nicely IF the fat is localized, the tummy muscles are not split and the skin is not in excess or damaged. In such cases, Liposuction is THE solution. However, if a Liposuction is used for weight reduction in women with split rectus abdominis (6 pack) muscles, where the skin has lost its elasticity (stretch marks, history of tanning, age) the result may be disappointing.

6401 Poplar Avenue
Memphis, TN 38119

Liposuction for a limited area in the abdomen and neck

Provided that your are examined and not found to have an inelastic abdomen, the extra depot of fat in the abdomen and submental neck, then liposuction can be done. You might still have a component of the abdominal girth that comes from a weak muscle wall and you may then need an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck).

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

317 East 34th St
New York, NY 10016

Single hump- in front

Basically, to have successful lipo, you need to have fat, and skin that will shrink down after fat removal.  You need to be examined to assess the quality of the skin elasticity and ability to shrink down satisfactroily after lipo.  Also, your abdominal strength layer (fascia) should be evaluated- you may have a stretched "internal girdle" from pregnancy, which if not tightened, will not give you your result.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

2813 W Southlake Blvd
Southlake, TX 76092

Liposuction for banana roll deformity.

Yes, liposuction will remove the extra fat you have in you tummy. The type of machine they use makes no difference. The surgeon does so choose wisely.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210