Skincare Products for Dark-skinned People with Oily Skin?

I am dark-skinned with oily skin and blackheads. What products would you recommend for me?

Intradermal Botox, Salycylic Acid Facial Wash

+1

Hi tbc,

As you probably know by now there are many treatment options for the problems of oily skin and blackheads ranging from over the counter creams & lotions to prescription preparations to lasers.

Being that you are dark skinned some of the more agressive treatment options are risky for you (ie. chemical peels, lasers).

Two succesful options I have offered to Patients of mine with dark skin for these problems are Intradermal Botox and Salycylic Acid Facial Wash / Peels.

1. Intradermal Botox - these are tiny shots of Botox that are injected only into the skin. The effect is to decrease oily skin and there is also some skin tightening effect.

2. Salycyclic Acid Facial Wash - blackheads form when dead skin cells get trapped in pores and become oxidized. A Salycylic Acid Facial wash will help "clean out" the pores and smoothen your skin. If the wash works for you then you can consider "stepping it up" by having a series of Salycylic Acid Facial Peels. These Peels are safe for patients with dark skin and really smoothen out and clean up the skin.

As a base line make sure to have a consistent regimen of cleansing, exfoliating and using an oil free moisturizer everyday.

Hope this helped,

Dr. Jafri