Enough Skin for a Tummy Tuck, or Alternative?

Hello Iv had 3 large babies,which has left me with a constant pot belly where i look about 6 months pregnant, it goes up and down if i eat but is always sticking out and i have stretch marks up to the side of my bb do u think i have enough skin to do a tt and would most of my marks go? wats the alternative if i dont have enough skin as i need my muscles tightened? thanks

Enough skin for a tummy tuck

+2

After three pregnancies with large babies, and loss of the tone in your abdomen you are a sure candidate for a full tummy tuck. You will lose all of the stretch marks from the umbilicus and below. You will need the muscles tightened to restore the contour.

peterejohnsonmd

Tummy tuck

+1

Just from the one photos it looks like you may be a good candidate for a tummy tuck.  Go for a consultation with a plastic surgeon if you are interested.

VIDEO: tummy tuck and stretch marks

+1

Judging from the result below, it is very likely that you will achieve your best result with a full tummy tuck. It is difficult to see from this view but if your stretch marks are limited to the area below your belly button, it is quite likely that you should be able to eliminate the vast majority of these. The stretch marks that extend up to your breasts will likely persist

You are perfect for a tummy tuck!!

+1

Based on your history of loose abdominal muscle, stretch marks, and excess skin; you will get a fantastic result with a tummy tuck.    By tightening your muscles and removing excess skin, most of your stretch marks will disappear and you will be left with a flat, tight abdomen.  I would also recommend some flank liposuction to remove the love handles.    Please seek out a board certified plastic surgeon, who performs this procedure regularly to ensure the best result.  Good luck !!

Paul S. Gill, MD

Tummy Tuck Indications

+1

Hi there-

You are clearly a good physical candidate for a Tummy Tuck. Please visit a well-trained and certified Plastic Surgeon for an accurate understanding of what you could reasonably expect to achieve.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck following 3 Pregnancies

+1

It appears from your photo that you are a good candidate for a full tummy tuck.  I cannot see your stretch marks clearly, but if they are mostly at ot below your umbilicus, they would be largely removed.

John Whitt, MD

Tummy tucks come in lots of shapes and sizes

+1

Based on your photo- I'd recommend a standard tummy tuck with full fascia tightening and umbilicoplasty- I tend to place TT scars as low as possible, which sometimes results in a short vertical closure of the old umbilical hole if I can't move it all the way down to the pelvic scar safely.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS