Can Skin Tissue Grow Back After Breast Augmentation?

i had my first breast augmentation 4 years ago and i was really happy with them.Two years after that i had a baby and i got an infection on my left breast (mastitis) and that one implant got encapsulated so i had the secong surgery because of that BUT now they look wrinkly and i can actually feal the implants when i touch them.... is that ever goin away? can i do something about it? thanks for your answer.

Breast Augmentation Revisionary Surgery Options?

+2

I would need more information in order to provide you with a good recommendation. For example, a different type of breast implant (silicone versus saline) may be helpful for patients with significant rippling/palpability of the breast implants. Also, if your implants are the sub glandular position, re augmentation to the sub muscular position may be helpful. Furthermore, the use of allograft  may be helpful to treat significant rippling/palpability of the breast implants.

I would suggest in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience with revisionary breast surgery.

Breast Revision Options

+1

Tissues most likely do not grow back after a breast augmentation. The skin and tissue coverage overlying the implants are likely thinned out, and doing a capsulectomy for the contracture likely removed more tissue covering. This is a difficult problem to fix but there are some options. It's best to ask your plastic surgeon if they would consider to do fat grafting or possibly some type of dermal coverage to hide the ripples.

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD

Skin Rippling After A Second Breast Augmentation

+1

Dear Tatiana,

It is unclear if your current implant are subglandular or submuscular. Also, without photos and physical examination it is hard to provide you with an accurate assessment.

It seems the rippling you have is due to a think skin and you may benefit from submuscular implants.

I advise you to consult with a board certified surgeon of extensive experience; your third surgery is of a delicate nature and you need a conservative approach when dealing with it.

Best of luck to you and thank you for your question.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Rippling after augmentation

+1

It is not uncommon after pregnancy and breast feeding that the breast become much thinner due to atrophy of the bread tissue. If there is an implant, it be more easy to feel it and some times there is rippling. There are, however, different ways to address it. You need to see a plastic surgeon, get examined and determine what procedure is appropriate for you.  

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

How can breasts change after breast augmentation?

+1

After extensive experience evaluating patients breasts for cosmetic enhanvements I can say that there are many reasons for them to change:

Genetic factors relating to skin and tissue elasticity, weight fluctuations, number of pregnancies, breast feeding duration, bra support habits, nutrition, previous surgeries with or without implants, the type of implants used.makes a difference as well. Saline is more likely to displace. Silicone is better.

Kevin Rose, MD
Provo Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants and rippling?

+1

It sounds like you have rippling due to having very thin tissues. Sometimes surgeons perform fat grafting or place Strattice to add another layer.

+1

Obviously without examining you I can only give you a recommendation concerning your issue.  It sounds like you have a redundancy of skin, loss of breast tissue after having your child and a resultant palpability of the implant.  You may benefit from a conversion to a subpectoral placement of the implant if they are subglandular, use of a silicone gel implant, a breast lift (to tighten the skin) and possibly placement of a graft material such as alloderm to decrease the palpability of the implant.  Good luck!

Christian Prada, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon