Better for Skin Tightening After Weight Loss - Velashape or Thermage?

I lost a lot of weight when I was a teen and has gone down to my ideal weight since.But now that I'm on my mid-20's,the skin on my once really bulging tummy still bulges out with not much (if none at all) apparent fat underneath it,but it does stretch quite long,a sign of really saggy skin. I am considering to undergo a non-surgical treatment to fix it and Velashape and Thermage come to my mind. m I a good candidate for either one,and which one is more suitable for my situation? Thank you.

Scar revision

+1

It all depends on how much of loose, redundant skin you have.  If is mild it could be helped with what you mentioned, otherwise you would need surgical correction.

Shrinking skin and stretchmarks

+1

Without a photo or better yet a face to face physical examination it is impossible to say whether or not you are a candidate for any treatment. My experience with these modalities for tightening or shrinking excess skin has not been great. You can get some mild shrinkage or tightening but if the skin really hangs the only way to currently get rid of the excess is to surgically remove it.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD