Skin Tightening Vs Lipo Vs Chin Tuck?

I am 22 years old and have alway been unsatisfied with my side profile. I dont quite have a double chin, more of a "turkey gobble" so I have no definition in my neck. I am 5"3' and 121lbs so this is genetic. I am also aware that this look makes my nose appear larger. What would be the best procedure for me? Skin tightening which costs about $900 in my area, lipo or skin tuck?

Neck issues at age 22

+2

Photos would help. But, in general, at your age liposuction, possible chin implant (same incision) could help. Get a hands on consult.

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant and Chin Liposuction

+1

Most likely you are describing a deficiency or relative deficiency in chin projection and a poorly defined cervicomental angle, which can usually be improved with chin implant and chin liposuction.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Chin-Liposuction.php

Lower face rejuvenation

+1
iposuction alone can significantly improve the neck appearance. Liposuction is also frequently combined with surgical neck rejuvenation, and in selected cases some direct excision of fat (through a hidden incision below the chin) is performed. The reduction of fat in the area below the jawline and in the anterior neck almost always makes the neck appear longer, and makes the patient's profile appear more elegant or refined.
Visit a plastic surgeon with expertise in both laser skin tightening and liposuction to determine the best procedure for you

Web reference: http://www.michaellawmd.com

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Improving the appearance of the chin and neck

+1

The best procedure really depends on your individual needs. For a younger patient with great skin elasticity, liposuction of the neck yields a fantastic result. I would recommend a consult with a board certified surgeon who uses computer imaging software. This will allow him/her to morph a photo of you and give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck!

No Tuck

+1

Agree that photos would be helpful but based on your age I might recommend lipo.  Younger patients with excess fat generally have good skin that will shrink back after liposuction producing a better contour.

Dr. ES

Skin Tightening Vs Lipo Vs Chin Tuck?

+1

22 year olds tend to have great results with liposuction. The reason is that performing liposuction and removing some fatty tissue typically results in skin tightening. At a more advanced age with significant sun damage this effect is not nearly as reliable. However, this minimally invasive option is great for neck contouring in a person of your age. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/facial-liposuction/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Skin tightening

+1

I wonder what you mean by "skin tightening" . It cannot be a surgical procedure for only $900.

You should submit pictiures in order to have answers to your questions on this site.

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Procedures to improve neck at 22

+1

Without pictures, it's impossible to give you precise advice, but I find it hard to believe that a 22 year old would need any skin tightening.  Do you have actual loose skin around your neck or is it just fullness in the neck that gives it no definition?  If it is just the fullness, then I would recommend liposuction of the area, and would doubt that you need any skin tuck or tightening. 

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon