Do Skin Tightening Procedures Deplete Fat in the Face and Make It Sag?

I am 52 years old with med brown skin (east Indian), i have had a few eMatrix treatments and a couple of skin tightening sessions with elos machines. I feel like my face looks saggy. Do these treatments cause depletion of fat in the face? Should i stop further skin tightening treatments. Thanks.

EMatrix energy is sublative and limited to the dermis - Williamsville, NY

eMatrix is sublative radiofrequency (RF) energy and focused in the dermis. At appropriate energy levels, it spares the most superficial layers, i.e. the epidermis.

There is no clinical evidence that it depletes underlying volume (fat tissue). 

There is no downtime with this procedure because it is sublative.

We perform eMatrix in our Williamsville office for acne scar remodeling.

Dr. Karamanoukian

Skin tightening and fat depletion

While aggressive skin tightening can reduce fat located deeper beneath the skin's surface, eMatrix is a gentle resurfacing technique that is highly effective in improving skin color, texture, and fine wrinkles without injuring the underlying fat.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon