Skin Thinner Along with Redness, Hardness, Dent, and Something Shown Inside Redness No Pain Though? (photo)

Ball nose tip with titling toward right very noticeable. Still taking antibiotics/inflammation from my county. I am living in the US. My surgeon in Mexico said no problem & just wait on July 5th. I have sent several emails over the last two weeks. This institutional silencing has been killing me. Today, I went to a US plastic surgeon who even did not want to refer, "Go to your surgeon asap! That's why we tell folks not to go abroad." I am broke. Any suggestion? Hello doctors! Any advice?"

Skin Thinner Along with Redness, Hardness, Dent, and Something Shown Inside Redness No Pain Though?

+2

It appears that you have an infection related to an implant or undissolved suture. It is impossible for me to know without an operative report. The issue that you now face is that you will need the implant out immediately or it can lead to a very drastic infection. If this is not due to an implant them you need a doctor who can clean this up for you. Regardless you should be on antibiotics now. If you can not find a surgeon I would see your primary care doctor ASAP or go to the emergency room. You are witnessing first hand why it is so important to seek a board certified surgeon. We all know that it is expensive, but what you do not realize is that we are here for you to the bitter end. When you have a complication you want and need your surgeon to be there for you. Do not delay and go have this looked at immediately. Sorry for the soap box but this is an important message. Good luck!

The Nasal Tip

+2

You must seek immediate, competent medical care immediately.  You could have an infection, suture reaction or an impending implant extrusion, etc.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Problems With an Infection Following a Rhinoplasty

+2

The red area that oozed some bloody material is very concerning. It is very likely due to infection. the round ball looks like it must be some kind of an implant. If the implant is infected it needs to be removed ASAP before it causes more problems with the rest of the nose or damages the overlying skin.  The problem, as you have found, with going abroad for your surgery is that when you choose a surgeon to do your surgery, you are not just choosing him or her for the surgery, but are choosing someone you trust to take care of you if something goes wrong. You need to find someone who will take care of this for you very soon. Good luck.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose is red? Help!

+2

I agree with the rest of the doctors here on line, you could have a nasal implant and it is possibly infected, if this is true it needs to be removed and unfortunately this is the result of doing surgery abroad, no follow up and no recourse if there is a problem or an infection, find someone that is willing to treat you ASAP.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Complications from rhinoplasty abroad

+2

The reddness in the tip indicate a possible suture or graft infection. If your surgeon in Mexico refuses or is unable to help, you might have to rely on your medical insurance and see your primary care doctor for a referral, or even the local emergency room for assignment to a specialist in your area. An accurate operative report (english) can be very helpful to the treating physician.

Nasal Implant Infected.

+2

Hi,

I suspect that you have a nasal implant in your nose that is getting infected. If that is the case, it needs to be removed as soon as possible. If not an implant, then it may be a foreign material such as alloplastic graft or suture material.

Dr.S

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Possible Infection After Rhinoplasty

+2

Although infections after rhinoplasties are minimal, based on your photos it seems that you have an infected nasal tip that could be caused by multiple reasons without knowing the full details of your surgery and physically examining your nose.

The last photo may be showing an undissolved suture that could be the sign of a suture caused reaction/infection but again without physical examination it is hard to be provide an accurate diagnosis.

That being said, I recommend that you consult with a board certified surgeon as soon as possible because you do not want to live with an untreated infection at a delicate place that could cause irreparable damage.

I am sorry that your results were not what you have expected. You may be looking at a revision surgery when you heal completely.

This why I believe that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

I hope you will get better soon.
Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.
Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty in Mexico with less then satisfactory results

+2

Your results are less then satisfactory and appear to either have an infection or have a reaction to the suture material. I would go in and see a surgeon immediately who will treat you and if you do not find someone go to your surgeon in Mexico. A patient should never be silenced and not have a response from their surgeon. You need an appointment asap. The white string you discussed seeing is probably the suture material and you may be having a reaction and instead of absorbing it is spitting out. The redness is not a good sign and unfortunately you have a very poor surgical result especially after viewing your preoperative photograph. I am sorry you are experiencing this and we do tell patients to have surgery in the US where the standards of care and expertise are much higher. If going to have surgery in a foreign country you still need to address board certification and expertise of the surgeon. Wishing you well!

Michael Elam, MD