Skin Stitches and Cartilage Brushing Permanent?

I understand that I am every surgeons worst nightmare; i.e. 'The Perfectionist' :) I was wondering if, since the surgeon removed the stitch holding my left ear in position right after the surgery (overcorrection), has there realistically been any change to that ear. I asked him this very thing and he said that I have a skin stitch and the cartilage has been 'brushed' so there will be a small change. Can anyone tell me more on the skin stitch and cartilage brushing? Is it permanent?

Bruising otoplasty

+1

I presume you had an otoplasty. Bruising is always temporary, but the skin overlying the bruise can get hyper-pigmented which can be permanent unless treated. What does your surgeon say?

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon