I Have Under Eye Wrinkles when I Smile, Is It Better To Have Skin Removed or Filler or Botox (photo)?

Hi Doctors. as normal pretty female i was looking for look enhancement, Im 35 i got Botox for around eyes wrinkles, i have full cheeks so after this botox i have noticed thick wrinkles appear when i smile as my cheeks squishing my eyes up and that i see, my doctor recommended light botox under my eyelid i'm afraid to do Botox again which i believe it was the reason behind those thick wrinkles at the first place, im thinking to do filler, so please advice..and thank you sooo for any help :)

Botox and fillers around the eyes

+1

I would try a smaller dose of Botox around the eyes, and a tiny drop under each eye. That said, your tear troughs are a little prominent, so a bit of filler like juvederm or restylane would be nice here too. Again, go slow, since you can always add more filler and botox as needed. Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Under eye wrinkles after Botox can be from too much Botox.

+1

For some people, getting Botox around the eyes can lead to under eye wrinkles.  In this case, it will go away, and next time you need less Botox, and not as low around the eye.  These people need the strength in their muscle (orbicularis oculi) to keep tension under the eye.  Putting more Botox is not needed.  You happen to have loss of volume in the under eye area too, so filler would also benefit you.  

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Under Eye Wrinkles After Botox When Smiling

+1

It sounds like you may have had a bit too much Botox around your eyes.  As we get older our skin gets more lax, and when we smile it has to move somewhere.  In your case the muscles that encircle the eyes are weakened from Botox so they can't contract when you smile.  Therefore your skin will bunch up under your eyes especially with full cheeks.  I would not do anything until your Botox wears off.  If you want to do Botox again, please go to a very reputable injector and have them go very light.  You can always add more.  I would advise against filler at this time.  

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist