Skin Rejuvenation for Someone with Scleral Showing?

I'm a 28-year-old female, and I have problems with my eyes. The whites of my eyes are showing, with hollow skeleton-looking upper eyelid from a bad Blepharoplasty. I wanted to get CO2 Laser for skin rejuvenation as my eyes look horrible. I wanted to improve the skin texture and tightness, but I heard that if I have my lower eyelids off the track with the whites showing, CO2 Laser will make it worse! Therefore, now im scared to do this procedure.

What other skin rejuvenation options do you suggest to improve my skin, in a way that my eyes wont get effected? I want a whole face rejuvenation, and maybe something else around my eyes. Anything, please? Thank you.

Skin rejuvenation of eyelids

+1

CO2 laser will cause additional tightening and problems of your eyelids so it is not recommended.  Please consult an experienced oculoplastic surgeon.

Toronto Dermatologist

+1

You definitely can do something about your eyes, but it has to be in the right hands.  An oculoplastic surgeon specializes in plastic and reconstructive surgery around the eyes and is constantly reconstructing eyelids like this.  If your eyelids are loose, they would need to be tightened to have the laser performed, but it is possible.  In fact, it probably is the best way to rejuvenate the eyelid skin.  If the scleral show is due to scarring, then another procedure would need to be performed to release the scarring and correct the scleral show to allow for the laser resurfacing.  

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Treatment of Sclerar Show

+1

CO2 laser resurfacing will contract your eyelid skin and, in all probability, make your condition worse.  I cannot tell without an exam for certain, but you probably need an operative procedure (canthopexy, canthoplasty, etc.) to correct your scleral show.

John Whitt, MD

CO2 laser for eyelids

+1

You should not attempt anythig aggressive on your eyelids such as deep peel or CO2 laser. You can safely undergo both of these for the remaining face but not for the eyelids. The eyelid skin can retract (shrink) even more and lead to incomplete eyelid closure and dry eyes. You should use skin care for your eyelids (lower). Use a facial cleanser, then a toner, then a vitamin C product and finally and good moistruizer. This daily routine will improve the look of your eyelid skin without risking any complications.

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon