Skin is Redish/purplish After Laser Tattoo Treatment?

I have had 7 laser treatments for tattoo removal. After treatment number 3 back in Sept of 2011, my skin became redish/purplish. The clinic giving me the treatments tell me it's not a big deal and the redness will subside, but so far it has not and it's been 10 months. Is this common with laser treatments and is there anything I can do to help the redness fade?

Skin discoloration after laser tattoo treatment

+1

It is not uncommon to have some skin discoloration after laser tattoo removal treatments. That being said you may be developing some hypertrophic scarring from the laser removal treatments. Often that can be improved with the laser as well but requires different settings and maybe a different type of laser. Good luck.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon