Skin Still a Little Red 3 Weeks After 30% TCA Peel

It's been 3-4 weeks now since the TCA 30% and my skin is still kind of red. There hasn't been much improvement after week 1. A week ago, I figured it might be a sunburn. I didn't use sunscreen because I'm never really exposed to the sun. Maybe 5 min. Of walking to the car - at most. I've been applying SPF 50 ( UVA 1,2 and UVB ), but it's still the same. I have not used anything exfoliating. I don't know how to get rid if this. I thought it would be all cleared up by now.

Redness after 30% TCA peels usually lasts several days

+1

Redness after 30% TCA peels usually lasts several days. If redness persists longer it is best to see a treating physician.

Chicago Dermatologist

Redness following TCA peel

+1

The redness following a TCA peel is affected by the depth of the peel, concentration of TCA used and your skin type. In certain individuals some redness will linger, but it is not very common and is the exception rather than the rule.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon