Skin Peeling/oily Nose After Rhinoplasty?

I had a closed septo-rhinoplasty 11 months ago, and I'm still experiencing dry, peeling skin on my nose. It's also a lot more oily than it ever was before surgery. I wear plenty of sunscreen, and I moisturize, so why is this still happening? Is this normal?

Dry skin on nose after 1 year

+1

Defnitely not normal after 1 year.A dermatologist can most likely give you an answer and a cure.

Skin changes after rhinoplasty

+1

I have seen changes in the nasal skin after rhinoplasty that lasted for a while. These are likely due to dermatitis which might have been provoked by the surgery/ skin taping/ etc. Usually, dry skin tends to peel; you are describing that your skin is oily and peeling which is quite unexpected. I suggest to consult a dermatologist, who will likely prescribe you an appropriate topical regiment to alleviate this problem.

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 25 years and I can't see why the skin would still be dry and flaky 11 months after a closed Rhinoplasty unless you have a dorsal graft that's irritating the nasal skin.   You might ask your Rhinoplasty Surgeon that question and if that's not the issue, see a dermatologist for an evaluation. 

Oily nose after rhinoplasty.

+1

At one year this is not normal and it would probably be best for you to see a dermatologist for the reason and treatment.