Skin opened up under the left breast and bleeding 3 weeks after the breast reduction surgery. (photos)

I had breast reduction done on Jan 31st. Both breasts were severely swollen towards the arm pits. I had fluid coming out under my left breast by the stitches with minor bleeding. 3 weeks later the skin opened up, bleeding and spreading. My PS first thought it was due to swelling and now she says it could be suture rejection. Suggested to cover the wound with guage moistened with normal saline. It's been 12 days I don't see much improvement. ( No drains we're used in the procedure). Thank you.

Wound separation

+2
You have had a wound separation which could be for several reasons. In addition to the saline gauze I might add Silvadene cream to speed healing and prevent infection. Dr. Corbin

Brea Plastic Surgeon

Wound issues after reduction surgery

+1
are very common.  The vast majority heal with TLC and the concept to remember is moist wounds heal faster than dry, scabbed wounds.  Ointments, Silvadene, saline all accomplish this so use what is recommended and convenient for you.  And if things worse, please keep your surgeon informed.

Curtis Wong, MD