Can I use a skin oil, as a moisturizer, after I apply Retin A gel .025%?

Can I use a skin oil, as a moisturizer, after I apply Retin A gel .025%. I have done it a few times, and it seems like the Retin A balls up and comes off. Is it still on the skin?

Face Oils with Retin-A

+2
Some face oils can work quite nicely for moisturizers while using Retin-A. An effective way to make sure the oil absorbs is to pat it into your skin. We have our patients apply their moisturizer before their vitamin a cream. This provides a barrier, and helps avoid irritation. It’s a good idea to check with your physician’s office that prescribed you the vitamin A cream, and make sure they believe the oil is a proper moisturizer. We sell a face oil at our office that works great with vitamin A creams, but not all oils are the same.

Sacramento Dermatologist