Is It Possible to Lower Your Skin Above Nostrils by Rhinoplasty?

Hi, It is very hard to explain but I have round, big and long (high?) nostrils. Is it possible to lower above nostrils to make small nostrils. I added the drawings of my nose to explain better. I already did rhinoplasty 2 times and had implant and nostril reduction and tip definition. Nothing worked for my problem.. Is there anything I can do for that? hopefully non-surgical?..like using strings or maybe botox?? I really don't know..

Lowering nostril margins makes bad scars.

+3
Over the past 35 years I have seen many patients who have done this and they all regret it. These incisions almost always make bad scars due to the oily skin in this area. So leave your nostrils alone.

External alar resection during Rhinoplasty

+3

What you are describing is called "External Alar Resection" and used to be done back in the 1960-80's.  It was abandoned, by most experienced Rhinoplasty surgeons, because of the external scarring, web formation and possibility of alar deformity.  You should consider paying for several consultations with top Rhinoplasty surgeons to get an evaluation and recommendations on how to best improve the apperance of your nose.

Lower Skin above Nostrils

+3

Hi,

Very nice drawings... I don't think anyone has ever done this particular procedure. Making incisions in this area can cause excessive and irreversible scarring. You may want to submit a real photo so that we can determine whether anything is possible.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Wide and large alar base after rhinoplasty

+2

Based on your descriptions, you had a ethnic rhinoplasty with dorsal augmentation and tip refinement. Since the alar base is a complex three dimensional shape, with intimate relationships with the medial cheek, nostril, columella, and upper lip, it would be best if you present here a frontal and side picture of your nose. This way we all can evaluate your nose and render a valid opinion. As far as non-surgical rhinoplasty, I do not think you're a good candidate for that. Good luck. Dr. Kevin Sadati.

Kevin Sadati, DO

+2

Very rare problem that may only be corrected with superficial incision that leave a superficial wound. This then will heal without a scar. 

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nostril size

+2

Nostril size is hard to change in most cases. I woulreally need to see you or at least good pictures in order to advise you. Be carefuland don'get yourself onto trouble.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD